Formation For Students
The next Pause 7 cohort will begin in September 2023. Sign up for the waiting list here!
Pause makes you move forward.
Are you curious by nature, allergic to labels and the status quo? You don’t want to fit into a mold, but you are still looking for your mission or your future profession? Pause is waiting for you after your studies, between two college or university programs, or when you need to reorient your career path.
Join the sixth cohort of Pause, a program to develop the skills of the future in order to evolve in tomorrow’s work world: creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication.
Pause is 6 months of intensive training, coaching and internship, divided into two phases:
From January 2023 until April 2023
- 12 intensive weeks of creativity training, hands-on workshops, expert lectures, coaching and mentoring four days a week
- An integrative project to showcase your creative skills
- Support from the Workforce Development Advisors – (CODEM) & the Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Centre-Sud/Plateau-Mont-Royal/Mile-End – (CJE)
- The equivalent of $8,000 worth of training courtesy of the Secrétariat à la jeunesse and the RBC Foundation
Spring 2023, once the intensive training is completed.
- A paid internship of 8 to 12 weeks in an innovative organization or in a creative context, in various sectors
- The internship is subsidized under the Canada-Quebec Contribution
- Agreement in Support of Quebec Youth, in which the federal government participates financially, more specifically through the regional component of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy
An unusual program for unusual students
Because academic record and cote-R do not measure a student’s thirst for learning, the experts on our selection committee are looking for :
- Young adults who are allergic to labels
- Passionate people who like to venture off the beaten path
- Open-minded and lively people who are not afraid of merging genres and bridging differences
- Individuals who are generous with their knowledge and eager to learn from others, and who want to join together to make a difference
- Curious individuals who are eager to explore, create and learn
- Be between 18 and 27 years old
- Be able to work in Canada
We strongly encourage applicants from diverse and visible minority backgrounds to apply.
About your video presentation and application
In order to submit your application, you will have to produce a video presentation of 2 minutes maximum. The purpose of this video is to get to know you better. Surprise us and surprise yourself! Be yourself or an amplified version of yourself if you prefer; there is no right or wrong answer. Just like the Mini-Wheat, we’re just as interested in the frosted side as the more authentic one.
So go ahead and shoot it!
- Make sure you have the URL of your video in hand before you fill out the application form
- We recommend using Vimeo or YouTube to host your video
Allow 10 minutes to fill out the form, and time to film your video before you start
In the registration form, you will have to answer the following questions
- Pause is an opportunity to step back and work on yourself. Why do you feel the need to register?
- Tell us about an academic, professional or personal achievement that you are proud of.
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would you change? Why?
- Tell us about a person who inspires you, dead or alive, known or unknown.
New application deadline: December 16, 2022
*50$ non-refundable application fee
Learn more details about the program
Frequently Asked Questions
Factry is recognized by Revenu Québec as an educational institution (accreditation 18-04-4061) and is also approved by the Commission des Partenaires du marché du travail (accreditation 0059062).
This program is funded under the Entente de contribution Canada-Québec en appui aux jeunes du Québec, in which the federal government participates financially, specifically through the regional component of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy.
Tuesday January 24, 2023
Tuesday Jan 24, 2023
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
9:00 to 5:00
From September 2023
Get the full program by downloading the syllabus!
Meet our team !
Experts from different innovative organizations will guide you throughout this experience.
Carousel de mentors pour la formationAller à la section suivante
Co-founder and head of creation, Factry
Montreal design would not be the same without the contribution of Hélène Godin. Her talent and vision have guided the greatest creative teams for more than 15 years, and her work has won numerous international awards. At Factry, Hélène develops training programs for all fields. Speaker and mentor, Hélène shares a love for her city and for design around the world.
Experience Designer and StoryDéclik Founder
Charlie Leydier-Fauvel teaches collaboration and storytelling, organizes conferences and facilitates workshops with the goal of making them spaces where participants can learn from each other and make real connections. As a workshop leader and coach at the Factry, the School of Creative Sciences, he offers training that leads professionals and students to find creative and original solutions to current issues. In addition to his studies in screenwriting and audio-visual directing, Charlie has enriched his background with trainings that allow him to master experiential learning methods to inspire, facilitate, and design creativity. In 2018, he created StoryDeclik to help organizations imagine the future they want to create and bring it to life through workshops. Since then, dialogue, collaboration, and play have been at the heart of his work.
Alexandre Joyce, Ph.D, BDI, ADIQ, NPDP
Strategist at Atelier and Innovation Advisor
Strategist at Atelier.ad. Alexandre Joyce is also a designer and presenter. He completed his doctorate at Concordia University on the design of new business models. At #DesjardinsLab, he works as an innovation advisor where he supports project teams from all departments to create a vision, build products and services and convince management to move projects forward.